Friday, August 14, 2009

Sunny Days

Now, I don't really worry about the sun per se. I love the sun! I like being hot! I do believe I mentioned in a previous post about how the sun and warmth are important for Manitobans because of our vicious winters, so I won't go into it again.

Today, I woke up to the rain pelting my roof, and a lingering thunderstorm heading away towards the east. The weather reports were not good. More rain, more thunderstorms, no sun. So I canceled my beach plans and went for a walk instead. It was drizzling when we started our walk, at some points raining a little harder than a drizzle. But as we were on our way home, the sky got brighter and brighter, and by the time we were having breakfast, it was actually almost sunny, and THEN by the time we were leaving the restaurant the sun was peaking through clouds and I saw some blue sky!

What to do with a cloudy, rainy day that turns sunny??!! How can I get outside?? Is it too late to go to the beach?? Can I find someone to go with me?? I don't have the car, will someone be able to drive?? What if I just stay in the city, is it too wet to bike around?? Will there be a lot of puddles?? It will surely be humid, maybe I should stay inside instead?? Maybe I should go and find some air conditioning??

It's frustrating because you don't want to waste the day, especially with the summer we have had, but it's also exhilarating because a sunny, warm summer day is so magical...

So...what to do??